American Islamic Institute's (AII) vision is to be an exemplary Islamic educational organization characterized as a community of love and mercy that promotes and inspires personal life transformation through Prophet Muhammad –peace be upon him- which illuminates the worlds with His light and truth. Further, as a global center for Islamic thought and a moderate voice that addresses crucial issues, American Islamic Institute aspires to lead, with confidence and compassion, an intellectual and spiritual renewal that advances the purpose of Islam and Humanity.
The mission of American Islamic Institute is to preserve the values inherent in traditional Islamic education, scholarship and service—equipping men and women in mind and character to impact the world.
As an Islamic educational establishment, the community fosters academic, career, and ethical competency while encouraging social and civic responsibility, and service to others.
Our objective is to convey the message of Prophet Muhammad –peace be upon him- to others. People need to see the love, mercy, and illumination shine forth that come along with knowing our Beloved Prophet – peace be upon him-.
• The pursuit of truth, regardless of where it is found, is a basic commitment of AII. As a community of scholars and students, the University seeks to discover, apply, and communicate that truth.
• An individual's personality grows and develops through commitment to the Glorious Qur’an as The Creator’s Book, Prophetic Footsteps, and the search for truth.
• Qur’anic and Prophetic truth should be central and integrated into all the curricular, co-curricular, extracurricular, and living experiences of students.
• Faith and reason are viewed as complementary, and both are necessary in the search for truth. Thus, students can integrate Qur’anic and Prophetic truth with humanities, arts, sciences, behavioral sciences, social sciences, and specialized subjects.
• To think clearly, reason logically, and communicate effectively as a free individual who believes in Allah as The Creator and in Prophet Muhammad –peace be upon him- as His last Messenger
• To be an active and contributing member of this world.
• To encourage understanding, appreciation, and compassion for the multicultural heritage of humankind
Our vision is that every student learns Prophetic character and intellectual, technical and relational skills to serve as leaders, role models and competent professionals.
Our goal is to inspire students' learning so that they are empowered to think freely and practice from an Islamic view in their fields of service.
Our faculty, students and graduates seek to grapple with the intellectual, ethical and cultural issues of our time by partnering in discerning Islamic scholarship through learning, rigorous research, publications and performance.
Our desire that our graduates demonstrate Prophet-like character, competence and commitment through servant leadership in their worship places, communities and professions. Being equipped for critical thinking and dialogue in respect to faith, our desire is that graduates respond with love and mercy to make a difference in society, government, the marketplace and higher education.
We believe that there is truth; it is knowable and revealed in The Book of Allah- The Glorious Qur’an. As a result, we can live with unshakeable confidence and hope knowing that the Glorious Qur’an and Prophetic example have direct application to our lives, our work, our relationships and the culture around us. We desire to uphold truth and sustain community at AII through education, scholarship and service that is grounded in Scripture and challenges our community to seek and integrate Islamic principles into our fields of study.
We believe in community building and community participation. Furthermore, we strongly believe in building bridges among all humankind, through mercy, respect, and genuine care about the well-being of every human being. Through peace initiatives, tolerance, dialogue, and promotion of non-violence, we can reach a higher level of intra-human relation and understanding.
Through a rigorous, Prophetic-centered education, we enable our students to grapple with and engage in the spiritual, intellectual, ethical and cultural issues of our time, their implications and applications to everyday life.
We believe that integrity and authenticity should be hallmarks of every believer. Our relationships should be models of transparency, truth-telling and unwavering commitment to the example set by the Prophet Muhammad -peace be upon him-.
At the heart of our mission are mercy, dignity and rights of all people, integrity and diligence in our words and deeds, and awe and reverence for the Prophet’s example. From Prophet Muhammad’s example and spiritual teachings, we seek inspiration for creativity, excellence, and a positive contribution to humanity. Our goal is not to be a distinctive Islamic university of service to the global community of faith only, but to serve humanity as a whole.